Episode 6 of The Remarkable Business Show
Thanks for tuning in for this episode and a special welcome if you are a first-time listener.
In this episode I talk about how to start the day in the right way and a book you'll find super-useful - Hal Elrod's Miracle Morning.
The show's guest is the wonderful Brendan Dawes.
Bren is an artist and designer and he explores the interaction of objects people technology and arts using form and code and he's got a kind of eclectic mix of digital and analogue materials he uses for some of these projects.
He's also the author of two books on Interaction Design. His work is featured in the permanent collection of New York's Museum of Modern Art and has been honoured in awards including Fast Company innovation by design, Information is Beautiful and D&AD.
His client list pretty impressive. It includes Air BNB, Google Twitter, Cancer Research UK and Mail Chimp and that's just a few of them.
-- what Bren does and all about his latest installation, Fermata
-- why he loves Tokyo
-- how he worked with Air BnB and The Happiness Machine
-- the essential thing NOT to do at SXSW
-- all about his task chitty system
-- how he works effectively at home
-- his tools of the trade on the Mac
-- the backup trifecta
-- why he hates Slack
-- the privilege of being able to work on something you love
-- why working with good people is essential
-- why he loves a small stationary business in London and his other favourite things
You can follow Bren @brendandawes on Twitter
Quote of the show
"Don't spend too much time planning release early and often. Some things will work. Others won't refine and move forward and above all forget the money. Just make sure you love what you are doing."
- Kevin Rose
Don't miss the opportunity to try Basecamp. It's very, very good and I cannot do without it.
Get $50 credit when you sign up using the link below:
I get credit when you use it for two months, so stick with it!
Also, please take advantage of my special deal with the wonderful guys and gals at Flywheel.
Flywheel’s delightful platform offers you professional managed WordPress hosting packed with sleek workflow tools that are a total dream
Use the code JM2017 to get three months free on any annual plan
Use this link >> http://share.getf.ly/g02l3t
Don't forget to sign up for The Bulletin and my free e-book - "Essential tools, tips and advice to make you more efficient and productive."
The full transcript is available over on the right-hand side of the page at http://www.remarkable.fm
Respect to Howard and Harry at Engine7 for their audio wizardry and all round awesomeness.
Thank you for listening, I really appreciate your valuable time.
Thanks for joining me again on this episode of The Remarkable Business Show. Let me know what you think of the show by sending me an email to jon at jonmoss.co.uk
If you enjoyed this episode, please let someone know - send them a message or email or tweet about the show. You can share this episode easily by clicking the share link at the top of the page. Thank you!
Also, please leave an honest review for the Remarkable Business Show on iTunes or Stitcher. Ratings and reviews are super-helpful and they make a HUGE difference for the show viability. Anything you write, I promise I will read.
- 3 months free with Flywheel Wordpress Hosting — Use the code JM2017 to get three months free on any annual plan!
- The Bulletin and free e-book — Essential reading - sign up now
- Brendan Dawes — An artist and designer exploring the interaction of objects, people, art and technology using form and code with a mix of analog and digital materials.
- The Miracle Morning: The 6 Habits That Will Transform Your Life Before 8AM: Amazon.co.uk: Hal Elrod: 9781473632158: Books
- Brendan Dawes - Fermata
- Brendan Dawes - Thoughts from the Lower-case Now - Part 1 on Vimeo
- The Happiness Machine
- Brendan Dawes - Local Murmurs — Bren's project with Air BnB.
- welcome home : vim online
- Fresh : Ironic Software
- Irradiated Software - SizeUp - The Missing Window Manager
- Something Good Design Festival 2017 ~ Something Good
- Diamine Inks - Fountain pen inks
- Panama - Smythson
- I use Basecamp to get organized. You should too.
- Stelvio - fine cycling goods
- HODINKEE - Wristwatch News, Reviews, & Original Stories